Did You Miss CHPA’s Free Dietary Supplement cGMP Training Webinar?
You can now view this two-day online dietary supplement cGMP training, taught by cGMP experts — including current and ex-FDA ODSP staff — on demand!
The course is designed in four modules that provide an expert overview of 21 CFR 111, the dietary supplement cGMPs. This is a great opportunity to get trained or refresh your staff’s cGMP knowledge at no cost!
Webinar speakers (pictured left to right): Nora Dowell, NDCS, Inc.; Haijing Hu, Ph.D., FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN); Sibyl Swift, Ph.D., cbdMD; and Gerie Voss, J.D., CFSAN.
|Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
|Nora Dowell's Presentation||Sibyl Swift, Ph.D.'s Presentation|
We hope you find the cGMP Training Webinar valuable and enjoy the opportunity to hear directly from your industry peers!
CHPA's Learning Management System is available to help members find connections and solutions, and features e-learning opportunities covering hot topics from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. Be sure to bookmark CHPA Academy and check back often for upcoming webinars and courses.
To deliver convenient, high-quality industry education using a variety of media that will help CHPA members solve their toughest issues with optimal efficiency.
CHPA Academy topics include but are not limited to:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Supply Chain
- Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
- Executive Leadership
- Women in Consumer Healthcare
Understand the Consumer Healthcare Industry
New Upcoming Webinars
Hype or Holy Grail: AI and the Evolution of Marketing
September 27, 2023, at 2:00 pm EST
Generative AI is all of the rage in hallway conversations. The world stands on the cusp of transformation, with AI promising to reshape the very foundation of how we work. But how real are these promises?
Discover the potential of AI-assisted marketing and gain a comprehensive understanding of what these cutting-edge technologies can truly accomplish – and equally important, what they can't. Through this talk, you will understand how modern AI-driven tools work, how they operate, and some of the key limitations these tools need to overcome.
With this understanding, we will present actionable insights to navigate the evolving landscape. Arm yourself with strategies that blend innovation and realism, ensuring you're poised to harness the power of AI in your organization's growth.
- A deeper understanding of what Generative Artificial Intelligence is, and what it isn't. By understanding how these models work, you will be better equipped to understanding this new and growing field.
- An understand of what is possible today, and what may be possible in the future. How can AI fit into your current planning?
- An aspiration for the future - how will these technologies evolve over time, and what will they mean for the growth of your organization?
Navigating the State of U.S. Supplement Market with a Data-Driven Approach
September 28, 2023, at 2:00 pm EST
As more people have become familiar with supplements, we expect the future to be very bright for the industry. Some of the key entry categories remain innovative the more consumer-friendly delivery formats mean that more shoppers will stick in the category. We think the shifting mindset of supplements being part of the food as medicine movement will propel innovation and meet the values-oriented shoppers where they are.
- Sports and Active Nutrition has been the fastest-growing supplement category for each of the past two years.
- Coming off a few record-breaking years, the overall VMS landscape is flat in growth over the past 52 weeks, with most channels showing a decline in units sold.
- The permanency of the behavior change for shoppers shifting online during the pandemic was overstated, with 92% of the growth in the category coming from brick and mortar store vs Amazon.
- Discuss why supplement prices have held pretty firm compared to food and beverages.
- Discuss niche demographic categories like creatine are expanding their reach to women and older generations.
- Discuss why consumers remain interested in key health focuses like immune, hydration, and joint support.
Championing Women in the Workplace: The Importance of Allies
October 26, 2023, at 4:00 pm EST
A career network provides the support needed at various points along a career journey. Allies are a critical part of the broad professional network that women need. Learn from male and female consumer healthcare leaders about the importance of having diversity in your allies, how to develop and nurture these relationships, and how the process is intrinsically mutually beneficial.
- Understanding the how-to and benefits of developing allies
- Learn the ways that male and female allies provide support
- Gain inspiration to develop new, beneficial relationships with potential allies
"Jobs to be Done" Insights Philosophy: Making Innovation More Predictable & Profitable
November 2, 2023, at 2:00 pm EST
Innovation is a top priority for consumer healthcare organizations, and yet despite businesses knowing more about their customers than ever before, innovation continues to be painfully hit and miss, often falling far short of ambitions.
We invite you to join a CHPA Academy webinar from Cambridge Design Partnership, to explore more about “Jobs To Be Done”: An insights philosophy that can be used to observe and understand markets, customer needs, competitors, and customer segments differently, and by doing so, making innovation far more predictable and profitable.
About “Jobs To Be Done”: The JTBD philosophy is grounded on the understanding that people 'hire' products to enable them to get a job (or jobs done). By discovering the jobs people are struggling to get done, new innovation opportunities are identified. JTBD allows for an inherently solution-agnostic approach to insights capture for innovation through a job-based frame of the problem. Instead of focusing on existing products and services; instantly time-stamping and limiting insight, JTBD defines time-stable innovation measures of unmet need and unshackles teams from existing technologies and platforms when considering how to address that valuable, newly uncovered opportunity.
- An introduction to the "Jobs To Be Done" Insights philosophy
- How "Jobs To Be Done" can influence decision making within an organization to help identify and develop breakthrough innovation
Sincere thanks to the following CHPA Associate members for supporting the platform launch as Founding Education Partners (FEP):
Position yourself as a thought leader in the self-care industry through our CHPA Academy Partner (CAP) Sponsorship Opportunity, starting in 2024.
Didn't get a chance to attend a few of last year's webinars? Take a look through CHPA Academy’s Course Catalog which highlights all of our 2022 educational content!