More than 230 attendees gathered for the CHPA Educational Foundation’s 6th Annual Gala
The CHPA Educational Foundation held its 6th Annual Gala last week, with 60 companies represented and 230 people attending the hybrid event in person and virtually. The event was held live from the Pando Studio in Ambler, PA with an in-studio audience and also featured 100 virtual attendees on a video wall. There was also a live watch party hosted at the Emerson Group Studio in Wayne, PA with event sponsors and the boards of CHPA and the CHPA Educational Foundation.
The gala is held each year to recognize the critical vision, mission, and consumer-focused work of the CHPA Educational Foundation: to help people live happier, healthier lives through responsible self-care. This year’s event program featured the 2021 U.S. Self-Care Marketing Awards to recognize the strategic innovation and marketing expertise of CHPA member companies in both the over-the-counter (OTC) medicine and dietary supplement industries.
With more than 50 entries received, a judging panel of nine independent experts narrowed the field to 21 finalists whose work was honored at the event.
“The award finalists demonstrate how our industry has championed creativity and innovation during these challenging times,” said Mary Leonard, Managing Director, CHPA Educational Foundation. “Through purpose-driven and corporate social responsibility initiatives, to new product launches, to multicultural and inclusive marketing campaigns, we were thrilled to showcase best-in-class examples that demonstrated a commitment to serving the consumer through an inspiring, resilient lens.”
The awards were presented by CHPA Educational Foundation Board Members Elizabeth Karvonen of the Emerson Group, and Yvette Baez from Google, Inc. The volunteer awards judging panel included representatives from CVS Health, UWG, Salutem, Might & Matter, FCB Health NY, Cardinal Points Consulting, PinneyAssociates, LifeStyles Healthcare, and Wunderman Thompson.
The 2021 U.S. Self-Care Marketing Award Finalists and Winners Included:
Best Inclusive & Multicultural Campaign Finalists (New Category in 2021)
- Sanofi Consumer Healthcare: Gold Bond® #ChampionYourSkin - WINNER
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: Everyone’s Welcome at Our Table - TUMS®
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: FightingFlu Together – Theraflu
Best Digital Campaign Finalists
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: The First Arthritis-Friendly Website – Voltaren - WINNER
- Bayer Consumer Health: Alka-Seltzer® Mocktail
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: Emerge Our Best - Emergen-C®
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign: Safe Use Finalists
- Colgate-Palmolive Company: Clean Hands - WINNER
- Bayer Consumer Health: Bayer® Aspirin Call 9-1-1 Public Service Announcement
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc.: Safe Medicine Use During COVID-19
Best Social Media Campaign Finalists
- Reckitt: Mucinex® Sickwear™ - WINNER
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: #TUMSworthy New Year’s Eve
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: TUMS® Makes the Super Bowl #TUMSworthy
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign: Environment/Sustainability
- The Procter & Gamble Company: Vicks® NyQuil™/DayQuil™ Packaging Restage - WINNER
Best Launch of the Year Finalists
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: Voltaren - WINNER
- Bayer Consumer Health: Claritin® Cool Mint Chewables
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: Advil® Dual Action
Best Overall Marketing Campaign with a Budget Under $5M Finalists
- Sanofi Consumer Healthcare: Icy Hot® – Get Game Ready - WINNER
- Combe Incorporated: OMV! By Vagisil
- Reckitt: Mucinex Sickwear™
Best Overall Marketing Campaign with a Budget Over $5M Finalists
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc.: Zyrtec® – Allergens Personified - WINNER
- GSK Consumer Healthcare: The Joy of Movement - Voltaren
- Sanofi Consumer Healthcare: Xyzal® – Goodnight Allergies
“This event is a testament to the broad commitment of our sponsors to the foundation’s goal of reaching, educating and empowering more consumers every year,” said Anita Brikman, Executive Director, CHPA Educational Foundation. “We appreciate the outpouring of support and dedication to the foundation and our mission of promoting the safe and responsible use of our industry’s products.”
Pictures from the event will be available here.