CHPA Elects New Board Member for CHPA Educational Foundation
Washington, D.C. (March 20, 2017) – President and Chief Executive Officer of WellSpring Pharmaceutical Corporation, Wendy Shusko, was recently named a board member of the CHPA Educational Foundation, the charitable and public education arm of the Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA). Shusko was elected by the association’s board of directors at their Annual Executive Conference (AEC) held March 19-22 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida. Christopher D. DeWolf, president & chief executive officer of Lil’ Drug Store Products, Inc., will continue to serve as chairman of the board for the foundation.
“We are very pleased to have Wendy join our board at this pivotal time for us,” said Anita Brikman, senior vice president, communications and executive director of the CHPA Educational Foundation. “Our programs and campaigns are having a positive impact on the safe use of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements, and we are prepared for significant growth in the year ahead as we pursue our vision of happier, healthier lives through responsible self-care.” communications and executive director of the CHPA Educational Foundation. “Our programs and campaigns are having a positive impact on the safe use of over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements, and we are prepared for significant growth in the year ahead as we pursue our vision of happier, healthier lives through responsible self-care.”
Other members of the CHPA Educational Foundation board of directors include:
- Christopher D. DeWolf, president & chief executive officer, Lil’ Drug Store Products, Inc. (foundation chair);
- Theresa Agnew, vice president & chief marketing officer, GSK Consumer Healthcare;
- Scott Melville, president and CEO, Consumer Healthcare Products Association;
- R. Stephen Neumann, vice president of consumer insights & consumer relations, Bayer Consumer Health;
- Ryan Olohan, national industry director, healthcare, Google Inc.;
- Joy-Lee Pasqualoni, consumer communication leader- North America, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.;
- Mariclaire T. Payawal, vice president, global public affairs and policy, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare;
- Wendy Shusko, president and chief executive officer, WellSpring Pharmaceutical Corporation;
- David C. Tomasi, commercial director North America personal health care, The Procter & Gamble Company; and,
- Jane Wildman, president, North America, Combe Incorporated.
The CHPA Educational foundation’s mission is to be the trusted source of information on the responsible use of consumer healthcare products including over-the- counter medicines and dietary supplements. Learn more about safe use, storage, and disposal of OTC medicines and dietary supplements at www.KnowYourOTCs.org.
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) is the 136-year-old national trade association representing the leading manufacturers and marketers of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and dietary supplements. Every dollar spent by consumers on OTC medicines saves the U.S. healthcare system $6-$7, contributing a total of $102 billion in savings each year. CHPA is committed to empowering self-care by preserving and expanding choice and availability of consumer healthcare products. chpa.org
Contact: Colleen Creighton (email@example.com)